An Important Message for 6th Grade Parents
For 6th Grade Parents:
While we await the return of power to Shore Road and our sixth graders attend Winthrop Ave. School, I would like to remind you of some of the routines and procedures that will be in place.
• School hours will be 9:00-3:30 p.m. Lunch will be 1:00-2:00 p.m.
• Shore Road walkers should meet behind Shore Road School by the gymnasium at 8:30 a.m. for the "Shore Road Walkers Bus” which is Bus #53. This bus will pick up the Shore Road Walkers from Winthrop Ave. and return to the same location at approximately 3:45-4:00 p.m. Parents picking up their child may park in the back of the school.
• All other buses will follow the Shore Road bus routes and stops.
• Students being dropped off at arrival should enter through the front door of Winthrop Avenue School. If possible, please car pool.
• If you will be picking up your child at dismissal, you must park your car and pick up your child at the south entrance by the gymnasium.
• A note must be sent to school if you are permitting your child to walk home unsupervised, or you are picking up students other than your own child, or someone else is picking up your child.
• Before school extra help, band, and orchestra rehearsal are cancelled until further notice as well as the PTA lunch program. Please remember to send your child to school with lunch and a drink.
• The teachers and I can be reached through the main office at Winthrop Ave. (679-2920)
• If your child is going to be absent, please call in their absence to Winthrop Ave. not Shore Road.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the school if you have any questions. We will continue to keep you informed of any updates on the status of Shore Road School.
Principal, Shore Road School